Monday, December 20, 2010

"The Minecraft for people with class."

When one thinks of Dwarf Fortress...


...things can be pretty overwhelming.

That is why I am going to stream a Live Dwarf Fortress Tutorial. You can finally learn how to play this daunting game in an incredibly accessible way. I will be streaming purely for those who need instructions on how to fuck spaghetti play this game, beginning with navigating the interface and working up to overall strategies and things you need to know to be started on your way to a successful fort, and more importantly, on your way to fun.

Of course, as I am playing you are encouraged to ask questions through the chat. Here's the best part: Everything is already set up for you to play along. You will be using the same exact world that I will be streaming, so you do not need to worry about unforeseen consequences; you can even just follow along with what I do step-by-step if you'd like. Just download the following file pack:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3uzrpd24mfix4l5


A couple of guidelines:

1. A graphics pack is currently enabled. If you do not want to use a graphics pack, simply execute the DFInit.exe file, hit "load" to load my settings, and uncheck "use graphics" in the first tab. Some argue this gives the game more of an authentic feel and leaves more to the imagination.

2. To see the chat, my stream, and be able to see the game, I recommend setting up your screen to something like this:


...or if you're a rich motherfucker, just use one computer for the stream and one computer for the game.

That's all. I'll see you on Tuesday, December 28th at 8:00 PM EST.

Strike the earth!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More