Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Dwarf Fortress Tutorial: Part 2

In the last stream of Dwarf Fortress, we learned how to navigate the menus, dig into the mountain some basic rooms for us, and start production on our farm and other necessities. We still have a lot to do. I wanted to do this with a couple of days in between each stream so as to not have Dorfan every single night during prime time, but also, New Years is coming, so it'll be a few days more. Part two of this three or four part series will be on Sunday, January 2nd 2011, 8:00 PM EST.

(alcohol explodes with fire)

Also, if you took part in it, I ask that you leave a comment or two about the first part of the tutorial. Ideas to consider (but not limit yourself to): Did you learn a lot? Was the pacing good? Were my language and directions accessible? What can I do different for the next time? You can say whatever you want, things you like or some criticism for future streams, so part two is even better.

If you missed part one, it is on the On-Demand. My save from the end of this part can also be downloaded here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?q3brqt7jcb770h0

Just place the folder in DF > Data > Saves, and when you load up, load up from the name of the folder.

Strike the earth!

8 comments:

Honestly I thought the tutorial was really easy to follow, albeit a little bit fast. Just do what you did this time next time, maybe a little slower, and it'll be another success.

The tutorial DEFINATELY helped me, I now understand the basic mechanics of Dwarf Fortress. You should repeat how you do something though, if we aren't able to do it the first time you explained, and also, at the very beginning you asked us to press "X" to place to designate instead of enter, and even though it's a little mistake, I got stuck for a considerable good amount of time because of this. Anyway, thanks for the tutorial and I'll look forward to the next one.

I agree with probos, you should slow down, but everything else is perfect.

Can't wait! Only a few hours left.

Might be nice if you put up your savegame somewhere so we all start out at the same point as you.

Thanks to KY i'm now addicted to DF!
-Refrag

When will the third part come?

The fuck, where is my part 3 KY ;~;

where is part 3....?
le fuck

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More